We created this infographic to remind you, our readers, just how dangerous truck driving can be. Data was used from the Center for National Truck and Bus Statistics.
Feel free to add the graphic to your blog. The instructions are at the bottom on how to do so.
The Dangers of Truck Accidents
A word of caution for truckers and drivers everywhere.
- 5,061 tractor trailer trucks are involved in a fatal accident each year.
- 56.3% of fatalities ocurred in single vehicle crashes.
- 362 pedestrians and 876 cyclists are killed each year in traffic accidents involving trucks.
- Texas, California and Florida had the greatest number of truck involvements over the period of 2004 to 2008.
- 639 truck drivers were fatally injured in a traffic accident.